Monday, May 11, 2009

Mothers Day......the day that every Mother looks forward to all year....kids happily playing together, everything picked up w/out even asking, dinner made and served with fresh flowers to accent the table, peace serenity and love all around!
Hmmm this morning as the girls and I met to run that was not the memories that were shared. I on the other hand love Mothers Day. I learned not to have expectations. That even for a day, I could never pretend I was something other than me....which is flawed. Yet an ever trying human that keeps plugging away. I now have the perfect way to view this special day. I am not the perfect Mother.....my kids are not the perfect children... but hay we all do the best we can!! Some might say that makes a mediocre family...works for me!! I do believe on this special day we have it all back wards. We Mothers should be giving our kids gifts and treating them like royalty, for letting us practise on them!
Oh my children weren't around to lavish w/ gifts and praise... bummer for you because I would have done it.Some might say "hello we have a postal service" ....Oh right I'll have to remember that next yr.
Thanks for allowing me to be your Mom and sticking around to continue the abuse. Some even made a choice by marrying in to this dysfunctional functioning family!!! By the way Brian (who made me a Mother in the first place) you did good!!! Love the flowers how did you ever know?

2 comments:

dayna said...

oh i love this post. my own mom has always hated mother's day because she says it makes her painfully aware of all she did wrong. i don't feel that way...i like having a day to remind me that i am a mother and that is pretty special. i totally loved on my kids on mother's day and they were sweet with me, mostly. i agree with you! love you much!

Grandma B said...

Hello there...I agree with Dayna. Mother's Day is special because it gives us the opportunity to reflect back on raising our children. Did we do everything right...oh no..but we all do the best we can, and what more can be expected. For some odd reason, our kids grow up and flourish, in spite of us.

Hang in there (and that's a pun for wanting to hang-glide). We all only travel this path once, and I for one, do the best I can. LOL

Dayna and Matt are "tops"