
Brian hates those words. It started w/ Matt's/David's old room needing an update. The dark blue wall paper came down a few months ago.....don't even get me started on how I hate wallpaper. OK so I started, never do it. This is for my posterity. Words coming from my grave.....don't do it! Don't buy a house w/ wallpaper, don't ever put it up and don't even try to take it off once it is up....just don't do it.
The room only needed to be painted. Well of course the trim looked terrible so......then the ceiling was a mess......I've always hated the closet doors. What were they thinking in the 70's, slats that collect dust and are impossible to clean.Then the carpet....between two boys leaving their mark and Ninja our cat finishing it off... From the look of it either the cat was trying to claw her way in or out. I vote the latter.
So back to my vision. I'm thinking a contemporary feel. The trim and ceiling are now white. The walls (first coat finally done) are taupe. The closet doors will have their middles cut out and replaced w/ grass paper. My brain said a carpet remnant installed would be maybe $100 bucks and I could "find" that somewhere.....don't ask for logic on that statement. Come to find out more like $400....I can't even "find" that much. But thanks to an amazing husband and youtube we are on the lookout for a cheap remnant.
My vision has become his vision? I think not. He has just learned that once I'm inspired....

1 comment:
I like it... makes the room look bigger. Can't wait to see it in person. Actually, I am more excited about seeing how the impression of me running through the rice paper turns out
Post a Comment