Monday, August 18, 2008

Love is spoken here

Brian and I have spent the last month or so reading the book Love Languages. Jen saw the need for her Dad and I to speak the same dialect. We spent every afternoon on the front bench reading a chapter aloud. It was good to finally understand what said "I love you" to each other. Gee its been 30 years....we're a bit slow! It was a total shocker for me to discover B's love language is physical....who would have guessed! Come to find out mine is quality time. After a few weeks of seeing great success Brian said he was doing something very special for me.Thoughts of tickets to some fabulous place came to mind, a hike in the Uintas, camping for the weekend. A colonoscopy was not on my list of special experiences shared. Lets see is there anything in the day before prepping for the procedure that would fit in? Thanks but I'd rather not join you in starvation. Spending the night in the bathroom hmmm...no! I did enjoy the drive to the hospital. Hearing the nurse say he can leave as soon as he passes gas......maybe amusing. But please don't share. So in the end what have we learned......Brian is good to go for another 10 yrs and learning a second language is going to take some time!!!

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I'll be homest, i didn't think Dad's would be that one. i am still trying to think which language i married... I am thinking all 5. lucky me :) 5 years of frnch and I couldn't get that... no way I am getting 4 other languages. bummer