Wednesday, August 6, 2008

A salute to our military

My son Matthew is being deployed this weekend.......to Venice....Italy! Such a hardship, how will he manage. I will worry daily until he is home on safe ground. Okay reality..... Dayna is the one that needs to be saluted. She is on the firing line. Day after day being attacked on every side. If its not chemical warfare disguised as dirty diapers, its incoming missiles thrown by a very clever 4 yr. old. Along w/ that she must keep the barracks clean and feed the squadron! I have always wanted to go to Venice (the one place in Italy I haven't seen). Its on my must see before I die along w/ running on the great wall of China. By the time I get there it might be a hobble but I'm OK w/ that. I am sure Dayna is as sick of not being able to go w/ Matt as I am....no more I mean she is his wife and all. The up side for me in this whole crazy world is I get to see them when she fights enemy lines to come to Utah. Hmmm Utah Venice that's a no brainier!

1 comment:

dayna said...

wow you make my job sound so serious! truth is, it's not so bad cause i love the little boogers. i do miss matt like crazy though...that is the lonely part.